Sketchbook Assignments are assigned on Fridays (or the last day of the week) and are always due Wednesday of the following week. All Sketchbook Assignments should be kept in sketchbooks.
Due February 15
Due February 8
- Grade 6 - Divide your sketchbook into nine pieces; In each piece, create a different Zentangle; Use pen, Sharpies, gel pens; Make sure to include different line qualities so you have different contrasts.
- Grade 7 - Use crayons to heavily color a page in your sketchbook; color on top with black crayon or use black paint; scratch nine sections into the black; create a different pattern, Zentangle, picture, etc. in each piece.
- Grade 8 - Choose one of the following: 1) Illustrate a grocery list with 3-5 items (colored pencils); 2) draw a glass of water - include the table and shadows. Value is a must (graphite); 3) Write your name in an interesting way. Include a design and/or drawing in the negative space (medium of choice).
Due February 8
- Grade 6 - Use a pencil to draw contour line drawings of 3-5 school supplies. They need to be true to size or larger than life - in other words, you should fill all or most of your paper. Outline with a marker. Color the negative space (background ) with colored pencils. Colored pencils should be smooth - it should not look "stringy".
- Grade 7 - Jim Dine used hearts in many of his art works. You are to draw and color a heart or hearts in Dine's style. Fill all or most of space. Color with choice of medium.
- Grade 8- Choose one of the following: 1) selfie; 2) illustrate a quote; 3) Rooster in celebration of the Chinese New Year. All three choices must be colored with choice of medium.